DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
The Department of Housing and Urban Development is established for the development of balanced urban growth in the State of Punjab. The department aims to provide planned residential, commercial and industrial spaces incorporating the latest state of the art technology and town planning norms.
The regulatory authority under the Department of Housing and Urban Development is Town and Country Planning. The powers of Department of Town and Country Planning are vested with Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion to grant the regulatory approval/clearance for change of land use and approval of building plans.
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT
The Department of Science, Technology and Environment is entrusted with enforcement of environmental protection/pollution control laws.
The Punjab Pollution Control Board (PPCB) is a regulatory authority which comes under the administrative control of department of Science, Technology and Environment. The regulatory powers of PPCB have been vested with Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion to grant following regulatory approvals/clearances:
- Consent to establish
- Consent to operate
- Authorization under Hazardous Waste Rules
- Registration for recycling of Hazardous Waste Rules
- Authorization under E-waste Rules, 2011
- Registration under Plastic Rules
- Authorization for Bio Medical Waste Disposal
DEPARTMENT OF POWER
Department of Power is a State Government Department, assigned to carry out all the activities of Power Sector enforced upon the by relevant Acts and Rules of Electricity, Power & Energy, co-ordinate among all the power utilities and stake holders operating in the state.
The regulatory authorities under the Department of Power are Punjab State Power Corporation Limited and Chief Electrical Inspector. The powers of Punjab State Power Corporation Limited and Chief Electrical Inspector are vested with Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion to grant following regulatory approvals/clearances:
(A) To issue Electricity Connection/Load
- To accord Feasibility Clearance for load more than 500 kVA.
- Sanctioning of A&A (Application and Agreement) form.
- Issuance of Demand Notice.
(B) To issue NOC
- For Residential Plotted/Group Housing Projects, Institutional Projects and Industrial Projects, each case limited upto 25 Acres.
- For Commercial Projects limited upto 2 Acres.
CHIEF ELECRTCIAL INSPECTOR
- Certification of electrical infrastructure by Chief Electrical Inspector.
- Electricity Duty exemption.
DEPARTMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT
The powers of Department of Local Government vested with Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion are to grant the following regulatory approvals/clearances:
- Change of Land Use
- Approval of Building plans and their completion
- Waiver of property and other local taxes if any
- NOC from Fire Services
DEPARTMENT OF FOREST AND WILDLIFE
The Department of Forest and Wildlife is established to increase the tree cover in the State in accordance with the National Forest Policy. Besides plantation of quality tree species and conservation of Forests and Wildlife, the department undertakes scientific management of forest areas that helps to increase forest productivity, check soil erosion n hilly areas and improve ground water recharge.
As per notification of PBIP dated 5th December 2013, powers of Department of Forest and Wildlife are vested with Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion to grant following regularly approval/ clearances:
- Grant of NOC's / Approval when approach/ entry/ exit involves forest land.
- Diversion of forest land ( less than one hectare)
DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR
The main objective of the Department of Labour is to:
- Maintain the industrial peace for better industrial relations between workers and employers through investigation
- Settlement of industrial disputes to promote industrial harmony
- Allow the production of industry to go on un-interrupted so that there is no loss of man-days and to prevent strikes and lockouts
- Implements various labour laws enacted by Govt. of India as well as by the State Government
The powers of Department of Labour vested with Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion to grant following regulatory approvals/clearances:
- Shop Registration
- Permission for engaging contractor for labour
- Annual return under Labour Laws
DIRECTORATE OF FACTORIES
The regulatory authority under the Department of Labour is Directorate of Factories. The powers of Directorate of Factories are vested with Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion to grant following regulatory approvals/clearances:
- Factories License
- Annual filling under Factories Act
- Factory building plan approval
DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIES
The Department of Industries and Commerce plays a pivotal role in rendering assistance to the entrepreneurs. The Department aims to create the right investment environment in the State of Punjab which enables the growth of industries and commerce, manifold. The major function performed by the department is to create an investor friendly industrial climate in the State by facilitating the creation of necessary infrastructure to promote industries.
The regulatory authority under the Department of Industries is Directorate of Boilers. The powers of Directorate of Boilers are vested with Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion to grant the regulatory approval/clearance for registration under Boilers Act.
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
The Department of Revenue established under the Government of Punjab has primary responsibility of collection of land revenue, commercial cess etc.
The powers of Department of Revenue vested with Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion is to grant the regulatory approval/clearance for Stamp Duty Exemption.
DEPARTMENT OF EXCISE AND TAXATION
Excise and Taxation Department plays an important role in the fiscal structure of the State. The major revenue in the state is being collected / mobilized by Excise and Taxation department. The revenue is collected in the form of various levies such as Taxes, Duties, and Fee etc. under various enactments being enforced by the department.
The power of the Department of Excise and Taxation vested with Punjab Bureau of Investment Promotion is to grant VAT incentives.
Last Updated Date: 12-Mar-2019