- Punjab has one of the best rail (2,100 km), road (64,000 km) and air transportation networks in India. The State has five upcoming and operational airports at Mohali, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Bathinda and Pathankot.
- It has among the highest road densities amongst Indian states at 133 km per 100 sq. km. The road connectivity along with the network of airports will ensure that every corner of the State would be readily accessible from across the world.
- The State is connected to all major cities through Indian Railways. Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Amritsar, DeraBassi and Bathinda have dry ports (container freight stations/inland container depots) that facilitate imports and exports to and from the State.
The state has a strong logistics backbone with 6 Container Freight Stations (CFS) and 3 Inland Container Depots (ICDs)
- The Amritsar-Delhi-Kolkata Industrial Corridor (ADKIC) covering cities of Amritsar, Jalandhar and Ludhiana to act as catalyst for rapid industrial growth
- The band of 150-200 kms on either side of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor for development covers almost the whole state
Last Updated Date: 12-Mar-2019