US $ 110 billion
Tentative Growth rates (2015-20)
Organized Market Contribution
Hospital beds sharing ratio
Top 3 Market in the World
Indian Healthcare sector to be amoung
- India is one of the key MVT destinations in Asia with over 500,000 foreign patients seeking treatment every year
- MVT is suggested to be a US $9 billion opportunity by 2020
Robust existing healthcare ecosystem
- Punjab is home to leading hospital and medical research institutions such asFortis hospitals , Max hospitals , Apollo hospitals, Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana (DMC), Christian Medical Hospital Ludhiana, etc.
- Fully developed Baba Farid University of Medical Science. Punjab is home to 8 medical institutions
- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AllMS) Bathinda and Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital and Research Centre are under development
Competent human pool
- No. of registered doctors – 16,000
- Skill development courses available in 3 Government medical colleges with total of about 700 graduates passing out annually
State in India to provide free treatment for Hepatitis-C patients
Niti Aayog health index report 2018
Punjab emerging as Medical Tourism Destination
- No. 1 in terms of foreign tourism visit with a whopping incease of 172%
- 1/3rd of NRI population is Punjabi spread over 67 countries
- Holy city Amritsar witnesses over 1 lakh tourists everyday.
- 2 International Airports - SAS Nagar Mohali and Amritsar
- 4 Domestic airports at Ludhiana, Bathinda
- Alternate Medication Ayurveda and Naturopathy treatment have been added in premier hospitalstourists everyday.
Investment Opportunities in Punjab
No. of beds per 1000 persons
Opportunities to Argment
Medicity New Chandigarh
- Spread over 250 acres area
- 50 acres allotted to Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital and Research Centre (under Deptt. of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India)
- 10 acres allotted to players such as Max Healthcare, Chaitanya Superspeciality Hospital, Grewal Eye Institute etc.
- 56 acres land available for setting up medical hospitals and medical colleges
- Land Sites also available for super specialty and smaller hospitals
14 Trauma Centers have been proposed to be set up in the State at Patiala, Faridkot, Amritsar, Bathinda, Ludhiana, Ropar, Sangrur etc.